This position is based in Vancouver. All applicants must reside in British Columbia/Ontario if applying within Canada or in the United States.
Our Vancouver, BC location is interested in hearing from Senior Compositors for immediate and future openings.
The Compositor works with and collaborates with the 2D Leads to create and complete shots as assigned.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Must be proficient in Nuke
- Working knowledge of Maya
- A minimum of 5 years live action visual effects compositing experience
- Knowledge of projection, matte painting integration, CG integration, EXR integration, rig removal
- Excellent understanding of 3D multi-pass rendering techniques and colour space concepts
- Expert eye for colour and composition
- Ability to take artistic direction
- Works well with tight deadlines
- Organized, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Mentor junior artists
- Up to Date reel showcasing required skill set.
Zoic is a Houdini/Maya/Vray/Nuke studio.
- Candidates MUST be located in the United States or British Columbia/Ontario if applying within Canada. At the moment this is a remote (work from home) position.
- Zoic does not cover relocation costs.
- All remote positions require the candidate to have a reliable internet connection via ethernet and work on Pacific Standard Time.
- This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned
- Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we regret that only those selected to interview will be contacted.
About Zoic Studios
Zoic Studios is a Visual Effects company that specializes in high end visual effects for television, film, and advertising. Our mantra is Visual Evolution - we focus on every part of the process, from the final picture to the pipeline used to create them.
Are you looking for your next creative and technical challenge? Come join our team!
Why Join Zoic?
- We are an Artist owned and operated VFX studio.
- We love what we do and always stay curious about new technology and techniques.
- We respect work/life balance in a hectic industry.
- We work with a team from all walks of life and backgrounds.