We are currently seeking a Senior (Houdini) FX Artist for our Vancouver studio. This is a project-based position that will oversee a variety of projects including film, episodics, stream-series and event television. The Senior (Houdini) FX Artist reports to the FX Supervisor.
This is a project-based, full time position.
- Must demonstrate a strong sense of creativity and respect for aesthetics
- Work efficiently with a compositing team and within an existing 3D facility pipeline
- Must be able to take an element from concept to final render in Houdini
- Asset development (HDA’s) and technical troubleshooting
- Manage renders and quality control passes being sent to compositing.
- Flexible schedule
- Min. 5 years experience in feature film, episodic television or commercials a must
- Proficiency with Houdini in all of the major contexts (SOPs, DOPs/POPs, lighting, rendering)
- Proficiency with pyro, destruction, and liquid simulations
- Rendering in either Mantra or VRay
- VEX/HScripting/Python knowledge an asset
- Working knowledge of Maya an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow through
- Positive attitude
About Zoic Studios
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Big Eyes, Night at the Museum 3, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny, Once Upon a Time, The 100, Lucifer and Arrow.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?