Our Vancouver location is currently seeking an Houdini (FX) TD for feature and episodic projects. This is a project/limited term hire.
The Houdini (FX) TD works under the supervision of the FX Lead and CG Supervisor to design and implement dynamic effects such as smoke, destruction, and liquids. The FX TD must have a strong ability to match photo-real elements as well as in line with concept art.
- Must demonstrate a strong sense of creativity and respect for aesthetics
- Work efficiently with a compositing team and within an existing 3D facility pipeline
- Must be able to take an element from concept to final render within the constraints of tight deadlines
- Troubleshoot scene files and problem solves technical issues
- Manage renders and quality control passes being sent to compositing
- Min. 3 years experience in feature film or episodic television a must
- Extensive experience in Houdini a must
- Proficiency with dynamics simulations including; fluids, destruction, pyro and tools including Houdini, Maya, fractureFX, and various solvers
- Proficiency with particle expressions and/or node networks
- Krakatoa experience a plus
- Knowledge of Python/MEL/hscript an asset
- Generalist/rigging background
- Experience working in fast paced visual effects environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be organized and have a strong attention to detail
Candidate’s demo reel should showcase the qualifications required for this position.
About Zoic Studios
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Big Eyes, Night at the Museum 3, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny, Once Upon a Time, The 100, Lucifer and Arrow.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?