Our Vancouver location is currently seeking an FX artist for feature and episodic projects. This is a project/limited term hire.
The FX artist works under the supervision of the FX Lead and CG Supervisor to design and implement dynamic effects such as smoke, destruction, and liquids. The FX artist must have a strong ability to match photo-real elements as well as in line with concept art.
- Must demonstrate a strong sense of creativity and respect for aesthetics
- Work efficiently with a compositing team and within an existing 3D facility pipeline
- Must be able to take an element from concept to final render
- Troubleshoot scene files and problem solves technical issues
- Manage renders and quality control passes being sent to compositing
- Min. 3 years’ experience in feature film or episodic television a must
- Proficiency with fluid simulation plugins/software such as Maya Fluids, Realflow, PhoenixFD, FumeFX
- Proficiency with nParticles and particle expressions
- Proficiency with destruction/simulation software including fractureFX, Bullet, PhysX,
- Krakatoa experience a plus
- Knowledge of python/MEL a plus
- Generalist/rigging background a plus
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow through
- Positive attitude, hard worker
About Zoic Studios
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Big Eyes, Night at the Museum 3, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny, Once Upon a Time, The 100, and Arrow.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?