Our Vancouver team is currently looking for a Digital Matte Painter to join our team for several upcoming projects in our feature department. The successful candidate will have experience working in MAYA and 3D environments as well as more traditional MP practices and will report to the Matte Painting Supervisor. This position starts in early September and is a longer term opportunity with potential for permanent.
General Duties & Qualifications:
- Responsible for the creation of the 2D, 2.5D, and 3D elements of an environment shot.
- Combine photographic, paint, and 3D assets to create and design environments using techniques such as camera animation, image projection, layering, and lighting.
- Provide and acquire photographic and other reference materials.
- Extensive experience working as a matte painter within feature films specifically required.
- Extensive use and knowledge of Photoshop.
- Working knowledge of Mari.
- Strong traditional portfolio of photography, painting, drawing, and sketching.
- Strong knowledge of 3D animation programs such as Maya, 3DSMax, or Cinema 4D.
- Strong knowledge of 2D compositing software such as Nuke or After Effects.
- Good Knowledge of lighting, rendering and the compositing process.
- Positive attitude, hard worker, flexible schedule for deliveries.
Zoic is a Maya/VRay/Nuke studio.
About Zoic Studios
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Big Eyes, Night at the Museum 3, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: The Green Legend, Once Upon a Time, The 100, and Arrow.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?