Our Vancouver, BC location is currently seeking a project specific CG Lead with strong shot finishing skill for our upcoming episodic season, beginning early August.
The CG Lead will work in a team environment taking direction from the Creative Director and VFX Supervisor, as well as work in conjunction with the 2D Lead to complete shots on episodic projects.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Work with Creative Director, and department Supervisor and Leads to achieve creative goals and maintain quality standards
- Together with 2D Lead, is responsible for look development on CG environments and characters.
- Responsible for CG team hitting creative and technical notes during production, and for setting up any specific pipeline requirements.
- Overall responsible for tasking out a small CG team.
- Help guide and mentor junior artists.
- Make sure CG needs are communicated to other departments.
- Work with Producer to ensure deadlines and milestones are staying within budget.
- Strong communications skills; both verbal and written.
- Extensive experience in MAYA
- Experience in Vray
- Knowledge in NUKE, Zbrush, MARI
- Working knowledge of Shotgun
*Preference will be given to BC residents.
About Zoic Studios
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Big Eyes, Night at the Museum 3, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: The Green Legend, Once Upon a Time, The 100, and Arrow.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?