The candidate must have previous VFX production management experience including script breakdown and bidding experience, a deep understanding of the live action VFX pipeline, and must work well and efficiently in a team environment. He or She must have experience with both television and feature film turn-around schedules and understand the difference.
Location: 375 Water St. Vancouver BC V6B 5C6. Position requires travel to client sites as necessary.
This is a full time project based position, starting immediately until May 2017.
- Interaction and professional communication with clients
- Communicating with multiple studio locations
- Assist in script breakdown and bidding for visual effects in live action
- Assist with management of hours and schedule in relation to the project
- Manage large vfx teams 25 + artists
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities
- Monitoring project progress, and ensure project completion within budget parameters in conjunction with Producer
- Participation in daily and weekly meetings
- Managing dailies and project meetings
- Maintaining adherence to production contract standards
- Tracking budget and schedule targets
- Training and mentoring VFX coordinators
- Film & Television Production Certification or similar designation
- Minimum 4 years direct VFX production experience in both film and television
- Previous experience breaking down scripts for VFX
- Client management experience required
- Proven experience bidding VFX projects
- Power user in Shotgun (expert in filter creation)
- Proficient in Excel
- Experience working closely with Editorial and Post Production
- Previous experience as a VFX Production Manager an asset
- 3+ years on set production experience
- Extremely organized and highly detail orientated
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Past experience as a VFX Department Coordinator is an asset
- Salary: $32.00 to $38 per hour, depending on experience.
- 4% vacation
- Overtime as per Employment Standards
- Overtime meals provided
- Fully stocked kitchen
- please apply by visiting http://www.zoicstudios.com/careers/ or http://zoicstudios.applytojob.com/apply
- Suite #605 – 375 Water Street, Vancouver, BC V6B 5C6
About Zoic Studios
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Big Eyes, Night at the Museum 3, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny, Once Upon a Time, The 100, Lucifer and Arrow.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?