We are currently seeking a 2D Sequence Lead for our episodic department. This is a project based position at our Vancouver location beginning August until May, 2016. The 2D Sequence Lead works with the 2D Leads to assist in the development of templates and to ensure efficient work flow.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Extensive compositing experience at a mid to large production scale.
- Expert knowledge of NUKE
- Expert knowledge of multi-pass EXR CG integration and Set Extension.
- A solid track record of developing look for a sequence or scene.
- Expert working knowledge of Nuke internal 2d projection, and 3d FBX projection feature.
- Expert working knowledge of complex rig removal and paint outs.
- Advanced knowledge of camera and lenses.
- Work with 2D Lead for look development of previously not-established FX
- Flag potential issues to production staff before they become problems
- Maintain clarity of direction, priorities and morale amongst team members
- Establish compositing priorities within assigned sequences
- Ability to take and give artistic direction in a tight turn around environment.
- Advanced knowledge of crafting compositing templates for a team of compositors to execute.
- Work with Producer and VFX Supervisor to generate shot assignments.
- Internal QC.
- Provide ongoing performance feedback and evaluate team members.
- Organized, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Maya and V-ray an asset
About Zoic Studios
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Big Eyes, Night at the Museum 3, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: The Green Legend, Once Upon a Time, The 100, and Arrow.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?