Our Vancouver, BC location is currently seeking 2D Lead with strong shot finishing skill for our upcoming episodic season, beginning in July.
The 2D Lead, Episodics will work in a team environment taking direction from the Creative Director and VFX Supervisor, as well as work in conjunction with the CG Lead to complete shots on high volume episodic project.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Work with Creative Director, and Department Supervisor to achieve creative goals and maintain quality standards.
- Working with 2D Look Development on any new 3D environments and characters.
- Work with CG Lead to ensure modules are completed for any new environments.
- Responsible for setting up modules for Nuke assets and dispersing to Sequence Leads.
- Oversee and ensure that Comp Templates/Sub Shots/Stand Alone shots are called out in Shotgun.
- Work with Producer and VFX Lead for sequence assignments.
- Work with Sequence Lead for team assignments.
- Overall, main liaison between any 2D needs with all other departments.
- Work with VFX leads to interpret and achieve client notes.
- In the VFX Lead’s absence, may review shots before passing on to client
- Working with compositors to mentor and guide to achieve creative goals in most efficient manner possible.
- Expert knowledge of Nuke.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Past experience in a lead role within VFX.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
About Zoic Studios
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Big Eyes, Night at the Museum 3, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: The Green Legend, Once Upon a Time, The 100, and Arrow.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?