We are currently seeking a FX & Dynamics Supervisor for our Vancouver studio. This is a Supervisory position that will oversee a variety of projects including film, episodics, stream-series and event television. The FX & Dynamics Supervisor reports to the Creative Director and Heads of Production.
This is a permanent, full time position.
- Must demonstrate a strong sense of creativity and respect for aesthetics
- Lead a team of up to 14 artists
- Works closely with the Creative Director, CG Supervisors & show Leads
- In tandem with department coordinator, distribute work to team according to the production schedule, ensuring that it will be finished on time and with the standard of quality required.
- Asset development (HDA’s) and technical troubleshooting
- Attend dailies, administrative and managerial meetings as required
- Work with Recruitment, view reels and attend interviews as required
- Assist and mentor artists
- On-the-box duties as required
- Min. 5 years’ experience in feature film, episodic television or commercials a must
- Minimum 2 years experience in lead or supervisory role within FX department
- Proficiency with Houdini in all of the major contexts (SOPs, DOPs/POPs, lighting, rendering) a requirement
- Proficiency with pyro, destruction, and liquid simulations
- Rendering in both Mantra and VRay
- VEX/HScripting/Python knowledge an asset
- Working knowledge of Maya an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Highly organized
- Strong attention to detail and follow through
- Experience in fast pace environment
About Zoic Studios
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Big Eyes, Night at the Museum 3, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny, Once Upon a Time, The 100, Lucifer and Arrow.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?