Wind Sun Sky Entertainment is building a truly innovative interactive media platform focused on the kids market! Currently we are working remotely due to COVID-19 and will continue until recommendations change, at which point we would be based in our downtown office in Vancouver.
This is a terrific opportunity to play a meaningful role, be creatively challenged and become a key contributor while having a great time working at a truly innovative multi-media content company.
As a UI Artist & Animator you are experienced with mobile/touch interface design, UI design as well as creating animations in Unity to support UI and UX. You are confident in creating and updating UI elements and sprites in Unity, navigating the Unity editor, testing your work and collaborating with a team both in person and remotely.
As a digital artist and creator, you are empathetic to your audience and always consider their experiences in your designs and how your contribution effects the overall user experience.
You are motivated to work as part of a small agile Scrum team who is responsible for refining user stories, assessing interdependencies and creating/tracking your own tasks. You are a natural communicator and are comfortable working through Slack, Trello, Email when in Person is not an option.
Wind Sun Sky is a multi-faceted media hub offering a fun creative environment of storytellers, artists and innovators. We offer competitive compensation packages, including extended health and holidays, in-studio ‘Treat-Wednesdays’, Monthly ‘Minglers’ and so much more!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Shipped multiple projects using Unity
- 2+ years game industry experience with an emphasis on (iOS/Android) UI art and Animation.
- Experienced using the Unity Canvas to create UI for Games and Apps on Mobile.
- Experienced using Unity animation controller and Timeline to create UI focused animations.
- Can use create particles for UI needs using the Unity Particle system.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, proficiency in other Adobe Creative Suite software.
- Mobile UI art/design skills with Portfolio to show this.
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical team members.
- Ability to ramp up and quickly learn new technologies.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Self-motivation and able to work with minimal direct supervision.
- Comfortable working in a cross-disciplinary team and collaborating with Design, Engineering, and the product owner.
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Prior experience working with kids’ content.
- Familiar with the rituals of Scrum: Daily Stand Ups, Sprint Planning, Sprint Reviews and Team Retrospectives.
- Scripting Shaders
- Motion Graphics Design
- Character Animation
- Art and creative for Marketing
- Logo animations
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Be part of a small dev team who is responsible to developing a mobile app for kids.
- Develop and craft creative, playful and intuitive UI and supporting background art for a young audience.
- Design UI assets and scene backgrounds based on existing style guide using software in the Adobe suite (ideally Photoshop, Animator and XD).
- Proactively problem solve implementation with Engineers to meet the highest level of presentation polish and user experience.
- Regular Quality and Bug testing of the app.
- Collaborate with the Leader Interaction Designer to uphold and further develop the UI art and animation style.
- Ramp up and become familiar with navigating the project within the Unity Editor.
- Connect with teammates for support and collaboration regularly.
- Export and Implement your art in Unity.
- Create Animations and particle effects in Unity.
- Use GIT and Source Tree to update and commit your changes to the product.
- Track Sprint Goals and tasks in Trello.
- Participate in Sprint Planning, Product Review, Team Retrospectives and Daily Standups.
- Communicate requirements, blockers and bugs as they come up.
Please submit your resume with cover letter. Cover letter should include:
• Why you are interested in working at Wind Sun Sky Entertainment?
• Any interesting personal projects or hobbies.
Local candidates will be preferred.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Short-listed candidates will be contacted in follow-up.
About Wind Sun Sky Entertainment
At Wind Sun Sky, we are storytellers, who love to collaborate with passionate creators, writers and artists to bring timeless characters to life in all mediums and genres.
Based in Vancouver Canada, we are a full-service producer of animated, interactive and live action shows with a mission to bring creator-driven content to audiences through innovative storytelling in all formats in support of building timeless global franchises.
We have a strategic relationship with Robert Kirkman’s Skybound Entertainment, through our sister company Skybound North, which provides access into a massive range of awesome comic book IP, games, live events, digital platforms, fans and more that we leverage to produce and expand our content. Not stopping there, we have also partnered with other leading creators around the world to collaborate on some of the world’s top IP and characters. This is your chance to be a part of the creation of interactive content like it’s never been seen before in a culture that is bold, fearless and awesome!!