An amazing opportunity to work on Robert Kirkman’s INVINCIBLE – an 8 hour animated series targeting adults for Amazon Prime. The Sr. CG Generalist is responsible for a variety of 3D tasks pertaining to the delivery of the series, including key builds for vehicles and environments and setting specs for partners to create similar assets. In addition, the role will create 3D crowd shots to be implemented in this high profile series.
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
- Crowd Shot Production– learning and working with Skybound North’s Maya Golaem Crowd System and 3D assets, setting up the layout/render portion of scenes with CG crowd.
- Camera Layout – Setting up 3D cameras to match scenes from storyboards and 2D backgrounds.
- Asset Creation and Management – Modelling and surfacing assets may be required.
- Render Setup – Setting up lights and render layers. Managing render jobs.
- Maya Troubleshooting – Solving technical issues with assets and scenes as they come up
- Maintains or exceeds a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work, while remaining capable of adapting to shifting priorities.
- Works and maintains clear communication with the Art Director and Technical Director to realize the vision of the project.
- Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, other staff members, partners and clients.
- Degree and/or diploma in fine arts, animation, computer graphics or equivalent experience preferred.
- 3+ years of experience working in a professional environment within their discipline.
- Expert working knowledge of Autodesk Maya
- Experience with Arnold renderer
- Experience across multiple stages of CG pipeline
- Expertise in technical aspects of 3D production, such as working with particle simulations
- Experience using crowd simulation software (Golaem, Massive, etc.) a plus
- Real-world camera knowledge a plus
- Able to work in-studio at our office in beautiful Vancouver, Canada.
- Efficient and detail oriented. Knowledge of the production process.
- Ability to deliver work on time and meet set performance objectives.
- Ability to translate 2D designs into 3D assets.
- Ability to anticipate hurdles and proactively communicates production issues to supervisor.
- Ability to collaborate and facilitate feedback requested by executives and/or clients.
- Ability to communicate creative or technical concerns and ideas clearly and concisely. Practices open communication between the team and other departments.
- Fluent in Photoshop
- Fluent in Maya
- Experience with Arnold renderer
- Knowledge of Python ideal but not required
- Knowledge of SketchUp ideal but not required
Please submit your resume with cover letter and link to samples of your work.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
About Wind Sun Sky Entertainment
At Wind Sun Sky (WSS), we are storytellers. Based in Vancouver Canada, we are a full-service producer of creator driven animated, interactive and live action content. Our mission is to make a connection with our audiences, by creating AAA content in film, television, mobile and online. We encourage innovation using cutting-edge digital platforms to tell our stories. Our strategic partnership with Skybound Entertainment (The Walking Dead/Outcast), through our sister company Skybound North, provides access into a massive range of awesome comic book IP, games, online and more that we expand into all forms of content.
We love to collaborate with passionate creators, writers and artists to create timeless characters in all mediums and genres. Wind Sun Sky Entertainment is currently producing Robert Kirkman’s Invincible, 8X1 hr animated shows for Amazon Prime. The studio is led and controlled by former LucasFilm executive, Catherine Winder (The Angry Birds Movie, Star Wars; The Clone Wars, Robert Kirkman’s Secret History of Comics).