An amazing opportunity to work for a highly creative studio as an Editor on Robert Kirkman’s INVINCIBLE – an 8-hour animated series targeting adults for Amazon Prime.
PRIMARY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Creative collaborator with the Supervising Director in all areas of pre-production, production post-production including sound to ensure project’s vision is achieved.
- Organizes editing system and file set-up per the project’s requirements.
- Cuts and or supervises the editing of sequences throughout the various stages of production and tracks the various iterations.
- Ensures the latest versions of cuts/shots are ready and organized and prepares for dailies sessions; assembles the reel for screenings as necessary.
- Responsible for delivering episodes to Amazon per the technical specs required of the show.
- Manages that outputs and asset turnovers are prepared per spec for post-production on schedule.
- Manages that all incoming content and source material for editorial purposes is well organized and labeled.
- Delivers assignments per the project’s schedule.
- Fulfilling all of duties in an efficient and diligent manner.
- Interprets, implements, and facilitates notes and feedback from Production Executives, Director, and Producer in a timely and qualitatively acceptable way.
- Adheres and implements all digital file management protocols.
- Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, staff members and clients.
- Additional duties as requested.
- Degree and/or diploma in film school or equivalent experience preferred.
- 7+ years of experience working in a professional environment within their discipline.
- Proactive Communicator/ Strong team leader.
- Significant experience in narrative development and storytelling as it pertains to editing.
- Advanced knowledge in using PREMIERE / AVID required.
- Must be proficient with Windows and Macintosh OS.
- Prior experience using Final Cut, After Effects and/or Photoshop is an asset as well as an ability to work with slip shots.
- Vigilant in ensuring all shot changes are efficiently communicated/team updated.
- Plays a critical role in communicating changes on the story reel as it pertains to all the appropriate staff members.
- Willingness to share information, methodologies and ideas with others.
- Open to and encourages feedback and new initiatives.
- Solid work ethic and positive attitude. Ability to work under pressure.
- Looking to work in a start-up /highly creative environment.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and ability to work collaboratively.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multitask and delegate.
- Adaptable to change – can alter course of action quickly per production needs.
- Highly motivated, pro-active, solution-minded, solid work ethic and positive attitude.
- Excellent leadership skills inspiring the team to work as a cohesive unit and eager to put forth their best.
- Ability to collaborate and facilitate feedback requested by executives.
- Efficient and detail oriented.
- Ability to deliver work on time and meet set performance objectives.
Please submit your resume including links to portfolio and cover letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cover letter should include:
• Why you are interested in working at Wind Sun Sky Entertainment?
• Any interesting personal projects or hobbies.
Local candidates will be preferred.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Short-listed candidates will be contacted in follow-up.
About Wind Sun Sky Entertainment
At Wind Sun Sky, we are storytellers, who love to collaborate with passionate creators, writers and artists to bring timeless characters to life in all mediums and genres.
Based in Vancouver Canada, we are a full-service producer of animated, interactive and live action shows with a mission to bring creator-driven content to audiences through innovative storytelling in all formats in support of building timeless global franchises.
We have a strategic relationship with Robert Kirkman’s Skybound Entertainment, through our sister company Skybound North, which provides access into a massive range of awesome comic book IP, games, live events, digital platforms, fans and more that we leverage to produce and expand our content. Not stopping there, we have also partnered with other leading creators around the world to collaborate on some of the world’s top IP and characters. This is your chance to be a part of the creation of interactive content like it’s never been seen before in a culture that is bold, fearless and awesome!!