WildBrain Studios is looking for an experienced Senior Rigger to join our team! You may have known us as DHX Media – we’ve recently changed our name to reflect our renewed commitment to pushing the creative and focusing on the artist experience. At WildBrain we create epic entertainment experiences for kids and family through industry leading animation. Join us and see what other great things are happening at WildBrain!
As a Senior Rigger, you will work closely with the Rigging Supervisor & Lead Rigger to create versatile character rigging systems and animation interfaces to be used for animation of 3D characters and props.
You will get to …
- Rig 3D assets (characters, props, sets, etc.) to achieve the intended animation performance
- Use skinning and other deformers to achieve the intended performance in an efficient manner
- Troubleshoot, maintain and improve rigs in production, while ensuring their stability for the animation team
- Collaborate closely with production, design, modelling and shading to best achieve the intended animation performance requirements
- Review scripts and animatics for rigging needs
- Take responsibility for rigging task assignments
- Attend asset breakdown meetings and provide accurate bid times for assets
- Communicate with the studios rigging supervisor on concerns and production issues ahead of time
- Meet the rigging production deadline by communicating with production and support rigging TDs
- Carry out duties in a professional and positive manner
You will be a great fit on our team if you have…
- 3+ years of experience in television or relevant industry experience
- Proficiency in Maya is a must
- Good understanding of rigging and deformation techniques
- Good understanding of animation process and needs
- Demonstrated knowledge and technical skills relating to character rigging and animation
- Strong problem solving skills
- Knowledge in Python
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, often with multiple tasks and under deadline pressure
Specific skills we’d love to see…
- Knowledge in nCloth, nHair, xGen or other simulation systems is a benefit
Why work at WildBrain Studios?
At WildBrain Studios, we have awesome benefits/perks and facilities to keep you engaged, committed, and creative. We pride ourselves on our work/life balance, offer events and opportunities for socializing, exercising, and spaces to relax and recharge. Our Vancouver studio is a 75,000-square-foot space where imagination can run wild. Did we mention our studio is also dog-friendly?
For us, quality, creativity and fun go hand in hand! Our teams dig into a diverse range of projects – from preschool and comedy to action-adventure, and work with international partners such as Apple, Netflix, LEGO, DreamWorks, BBC, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon and more. We produce high quality Flash, Harmony, and Maya animated series, including Snoopy in Space, Carmen Sandiego, Go, dog. Go!, LEGO Ninjago, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, Blaze and the Monster Machines, The Mr. Peabody & Sherman Show, Fireman Sam, The Deep and more.
WildBrain is dedicated to creating entertainment content that inspires, entertains and connects kids and families around the world. With some of Canada’s top creative talents, our studio is bursting with energy. If you’re looking for a fun and challenging job and to work alongside some of the industry’s best, a career at WildBrain is right for you!
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the WildBrain Studios team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted. WildBrain will accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required.
To Apply: https://wildbraincareers-wildbrain.icims.com/jobs/2463/rigger%2c-3d/job
About WildBrain Studios
At WildBrain Studios, we put creativity first! Built and based in Canada with studios coast to coast, WildBrain Studios is a global leader in the creation of kids and family entertainment.