Waterproof is looking for a Layout artist to join our growing team!
The ideal candidate should have production experience working with Motion Capture data, layout cameras, and basic animation within cinematic sequences of a production.
- 3 + years experience in a CG, Game Cinematic, or VFX production environment
- Good knowledge of MotionBuilder and/or Maya
- Good knowledge of camera & character animation
- Experience framing and setting up shots with an eye for composition and perspective
- Work within assigned hours and able to meet production deadlines
- Basic modeling and rigging experience is an asset
- Work with the Layout Supervisor and Director to establish and animate cameras
- Establish character placement and framing with basic animation
- Stitch, blend and edit motion capture clips in the MotionBuilder story tool to build out scenes and sequences within the cinematic
- Create basic lighting setups when needed to help capture the story
- Establish and maintain the cinematic edit within the MotionBuilder story tool
- Create basic geometry and fx to help illustrate the Director’s vision
- Watch and maintain continuity of the sequences
- Problem solve technical issues within the Layout department and between departments up and down-stream
- Flexible options for working from home or working in the studio under strict Covid protocols including a hybrid model if desired
- Remote work for non-Canadian applicants
- Competitive salaries
- Extended health benefits
– Please apply here: https://goo.gl/forms/ew7xMwsDmDupUF1J2
About Waterproof Studios
Work where stories are made. Work at Waterproof Studios!
Based in Vancouver, BC, Waterproof Studios works on the biggest titles in the gaming world; specializing in animated cinematics, trailers, and commercials for AAA games. As an Unreal Engine generalist, you will get to work on highly recognizable titles like Mortal Kombat and Gears of War.
Waterproof is continuously working with the newest technology from Unreal Engine, Virtual Reality (Oculus, PSVR), and Performance Capture. Your work will be seen by a massive global audience with trailers and cinematics shown at places like E3, The Game Awards, and of course permanent inclusion in PC and console games.
Waterproof offers competitive salaries, a relaxed work environment, and a large variety of projects. Ideally situated near transit and arterial routes with ample parking, Waterproof fosters a respectful, diverse, and inclusive workplace.