Waterproof Studios is looking for an animation supervisor with experience in Maya to work on a variety of exciting projects coming up.
The ideal candidate would be comfortable leading and managing an animation team; offering mentorship to animators and helping to push the overall team to produce AAA quality animation. The Supervisor would interface with the animation team to help delegate tasks and assign shots.
- 7+ years experience as an Animator in a production environment
- Works closely with the animation director and CG supervisor to finalize the shots for the show
- Ability to create and manipulate High Quality biomechanical animation for humanoid as well as other body types, props, and vehicles.
- Thorough understanding of cinematic language
- Experience keyframing/enhancing motion capture performances
- Strong sense of posing and timing
- Foster a positive team environment
- Self motivated with excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Work within assigned hours and able to meet production deadlines
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine is an asset
- Experience with Faceware is an asset
- Rigging experience is an asset
- Knowledge of scripting, Mel or Python is an asset
- Reports to the animation director and producers to identify any issues and to help maintain the schedule and budget
- Liaise with the animation team to provide feedback and notes on scenes
- Help to set the animation look and feel for the project
- Provide documentation and understanding of the pipeline post process
– Please apply here: https://goo.gl/forms/ew7xMwsDmDupUF1J2
About Waterproof Studios
Waterproof Studios based in Vancouver, BC is an award winning 3D / VFX production studio specializing in cinematics, trailers and 3D commercials. Waterproof offers competitive salaries, benefits, a relaxed work environment and a large variety of projects. Ideally situated near a skytrain and arterial routes with ample parking, Waterproof fosters a respectful, inclusive workplace with flexible options for working from home or working in the studio under strict Covid protocols including a hybrid model if desired.