Waterproof Studios is looking for Digital Matte Painters to join us for current and upcoming CG and VFX projects.
- Create realistic matte and projection painting backgrounds and environments based on concept art and photographic reference.
- Successfully integrate matte paintings into 3D environments using Maya and Nuke.
- Contribute to the production execution and technical direction of your work with the compositing and lighting teams.
- Work with the production and client art direction teams to create photo real work.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a digital matte painter in VFX and CG production environments.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Maya, Nuke and Camera Projection workflow.
- Ability to work under deadlines and with detail oriented clients.
- Possess a portfolio showing a high level understanding of perspective, lighting and art direction.
- Possess an excellent eye for detail and quality control.
- You are a friendly person in your communication with other artists and supervisors, and are aware of the needs of other departments you are working with.
- Ability to create projection mock-ups and carry through to final execution.
Please send a detailed CV and Demo Reel to firstname.lastname@example.org.