The successful candidate must be proactive in the workplace, must be able to be flexible and multitask while remaining calm and meticulously detail oriented. The ideal candidate must be a team player who has an upbeat and positive attitude, and must have managerial experience in formulating and executing plans to organize the VFX schedule and workflow.
Candidates must meet all the following criteria:
– Minimum of 4 years working at a VFX studio in a managerial position
– Must be well versed in the VFX pipeline, especially the 2D pipeline
– Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Experience working with Shotgun preferred
Job duties may include but not be limited to the following
– Working with the VFX Producer and VFX Coordinator to ensure studio schedule aligns with client needs
– Troubleshoot and respond to the Client and Production questions and requests along with the VFX Producer and VFX Coordinator.
– Must be updated on all VFX shots and scope of work, and be able to relay information to client and artists as necessary.
– Along with the VFX Coordinator, must schedule deliveries to ensure all VFX is delivered according to temp, special screening, and final delivery schedules
– Work with the VFX Producer to ensure all VFX shots are on budget
– Liaise with VFX Producer and IT team to ensure all staff has necessary software needs
– Along with the VFX Coordinator, ensure Shotgun is updated with all relevant project and VFX shot information.
– Communicate all scope changes and notes to the VFX Producer and VFX artists, and update Shotgun accordingly.
– Work with VFX Producer to ensure staff is adequate for project needs
– Work with VFX Supervisor to ensure artists’ work performance meets expectations
About Vitality VFX
Vitality VFX is a company led by the professionals who pioneered the art and business of high end digital cosmetic work for feature films. Since our inception in 2014, our scope of work has expanded to doing general 2D compositing work. With credits including The Revenant, Wonder Woman, Stranger Things 3, and The Irishman, we are looking to bring on an experienced Production Manager to join our team. This position is intended to provide coverage for a staff member going on maternity leave, but may turn into a long term position if we deem it is a good fit.
Due to time constraints, only candidates eligible to work in Canada immediately (Canadian citizens / Permanent Residents / Open work permit holders) will be considered. We would like to thank everyone for their interest. However, we may not be able to respond to all applicants due to the high volume of applications.