Got mad Maya skills? We are looking for Senior Maya Animators to join us on a 6 month contract for an upcoming project.
- Create both realistic and cartoony creature, character and non-character animation
- Work from storyboard/animatic to create high level, key-framed animation including camera/layout
- Ensure animation adheres to the style and vision of the studio
- Know and follow all pipeline procedures
- Deliver quality work in a timely manner while meeting the quota assigned
- Knowledge and work experience in Maya required
- Minimum 3 years of experience in character and creature animation (Game, TV or Film)
- Ability to work within a fast-paced team environment
- Knowledge of rigging is an asset
- Knowledge of Shotgun is an asset
- Working knowledge of motion capture is an asset
- Strong understanding the language of the camera; framing, perspective, lenses, coverage, continuity, camera movement, blocking, etc.
- Solid animation grounding, preferably action oriented; previs experience a plus
Experience & Additional Responsibilities include:
- Ability to work collaboratively, taking direction and feedback from the Directors/Leads effectively
- Ability to animate multiple types of character/non-character assets from simple to complex with minimum supervision
- Attention to detail when finalizing, approving or quality controlling work
- Manage time and resources to meet weekly targets
- Positive attitude, hard worker, flexible schedule
- Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada.
Please send us an email with your availability, reel, and resume (including references) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About THE SEQUENCE GROUP
The Sequence Group is a creative studio with offices in Vancouver and Melbourne. We specialize in design, animation and visual effects.
Our talented team of directors, artists, designers and animators revel in creating dynamic worlds that engage an audience while exceeding the expectations of our clients. Sequence is proud to offer full creative solutions from concept through completion with a strong emphasis on design, direction and production. Although, a boutique studio by choice, Sequence has developed a dependable depth of talent and also the flexibility to scale projects to our client’s needs. Over the past 10 years Sequence has fostered a creative atmosphere, utilizing a dramatic blend of art and technology.
Since inception, it has been our steadfast goal to entertain and inspire the viewer’s emotional connection with story and characters, regardless of the medium.