Are you passionate about working on upcoming film, television and advertising projects with a unique VFX studio?
The Embassy is hiring for a Senior FX Artist to join their team!
You are a Senior FX professional who has experience driving creative solutions in taking shots from start to finish. You are a communicative team member; this means you are not afraid to ask for clarification and share information with junior artists. The idea of working on commercials and cool TV shows in a small studio with a feature film-level pipeline excites you!
- Finalize shots driving existing tools or creating your own solutions, including hero and creature FX to accomplish shot narratives.
- Meet project milestones and deadlines on time.
- Collaborate with other artists to share knowledge and techniques.
- Communicate with other departments to receive feedback and resolve shot issues.
- Assist members of the FX team to learn and grow their skills to by providing informal feedback, tips and tricks, and encouragement.
Mentor junior artists and set a positive example for the team.
- 3+ years of FX experience in commercials, film or TV
- Strong understanding of multiple aspects of the VFX pipeline
- Skilled knowledge of Houdini; Maya and Nuke knowledge is a plus
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Ability to take direction positively, work well within a team and thrive under the pressure of tight deadlines
- Legal authorization to work in Canada
- Desire to grow in a leadership capacity by leading or supervising specific effects/sequences
Your Perks & Benefits:
- Emphasis on work/life balance – we are intentional with scheduling overtime and do our best to keep the work within working hours and not on weekends.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Ample-cross training opportunities
- A fun and collaborative environment
- Dog-friendly workplace. (Once we’re back in the office)
Commitment to COVID-19 Safety
Our top priority is providing a safe and healthy workplace for our artists and support staff. As the situation surrounding COVID-19 evolves, we continue to monitor and follow the directives of the government and WorkSafeBC to ensure a secure working environment.
Artists will continue to work remotely from home until the situation surrounding COVID-19 stabilizes, after which time a hybrid model will be in place in accordance with health guidelines.
Ready to grow your career with a unique VFX studio? Apply today with your resume and demo reel!
About The Embassy VFX
The Embassy is a Canadian, Oscar-nominated production house, specializing in live-action production, post-production, and animation for feature films, television, and commercials. We are an independent creative studio with expertise in visual effects and production. Located in the heart of Vancouver’s Digital District, we work with global production companies, agencies and brands, in film, television and advertising.
What We Do
We provide an integrated approach to visual effects production from concept to delivery including design, direction & post-production. With over 15 years' experience creating best in class visual effects we utilize cgi, animation, motion graphics and compositing to create compelling imagery.
We have crafted award-winning visual effects for the world’s most recognized brands and film franchises. Our work has received accolades including Oscar nominations and numerous VES, Cannes, D&AD, Clio & ADCC awards.