Are you hyper-organized, love working in VFX, and value work-life balance? Look no further!
The Embassy VFX is hiring a Production Coordinator to join their team!
You are a Production Coordinator who loves working with artists to help them deliver amazing VFX shots/sequences on time. You are social and able to build effective relationships with artists and team members. You are confident communicator, meaning you won’t shy away from constructive but tough conversations. You are highly organized – the devil is in the details. The idea of growing and building your career within a small studio with a feature film-level pipeline excites you!
- Work with production and supervisors for crewing, assignments and scheduling body of work.
- Organize internal dailies, rounds, and meetings, taking notes and following up on information as necessary. Set-up external client review sessions.
- Ensure production and Shotgun databases are kept updated daily with notes and critical information, statuses and task assignments.
- Communicate and manage external outsourcing vendors, managing turnovers and ingest, following up on schedules, shot statuses and feedback.
- Coordinate and package shot deliveries including submission documentation.
- Help prioritization and escalation of technical support issues with our IT and RnD departments.
- Anticipate and communicate issues to the leadership team to reach solutions in a timely manner.
- Minimum 1-2 year’s production experience on VFX productions.
- Good knowledge of the VFX production pipeline, and the functions of the relevant departments within the pipeline.
- Technical ability and knowledge to run Mac-based programs for reviews with crew (dailies), clients, external vendors, and various meetings. Familiarity with Google Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Existing knowledge of production databases (e.g. Shotgun) and Adobe Premiere is an asset.
- Must possess strong organizational and critical thinking skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines.
- Proven ability to prioritize conflicting tasks.
- Attention to detail, follow-through and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Your Perks & Benefits:
- Emphasis on work/life balance – we are intentional with scheduling overtime and do our best to keep the work within working hours and not on weekends.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Ample-cross training opportunities
- A fun and collaborative environment
- Dog-friendly workplace. (Once we’re back in the office)
About The Embassy VFX
Who We Are
The Embassy is a Canadian, Oscar-nominated production house, specializing in live-action production, post-production, and animation for feature films, television, and commercials. We are an independent creative studio with expertise in visual effects and production. Located in the heart of Vancouver’s Digital District, we work with global production companies, agencies and brands, in film, television and advertising.
What We Do
We provide an integrated approach to visual effects production from concept to delivery including design, direction & post-production. With over 15 years' experience creating best in class visual effects, we utilize CGI, animation, motion graphics and compositing to create compelling imagery.
We have crafted award-winning visual effects for the world’s most recognized brands and film franchises. Our work has received accolades including Oscar nominations and numerous VES, Cannes, D&AD, Clio & ADCC awards.
Commitment to COVID-19 Safety
Our top priority is providing a safe and healthy workplace for our artists and support staff. As the situation surrounding COVID-19 evolves, we continue to monitor and follow the directives of the government and WorkSafeBC to ensure a secure working environment.
Artists will continue to work remotely from home until the situation surrounding COVID-19 stabilizes, after which time a hybrid model will be in place in accordance with health guidelines.