Are you passionate about working on upcoming film, television and advertising projects?
The Embassy is hiring for a Senior Lighting/LookDev Artist to join their team!
You are an experienced Lighting / LookDev professional with industry experience in film, commercials, and/or TV. Your keen eye for lighting photorealistic and stylized shots make you stand out. Combined with your artistic skills and technical knowledge in shading, you know how to successfully take an asset through the entire LookDev process. You thrive in an environment where you have the freedom to leverage all aspects of our feature-film level pipeline to get assets and shots to final. Lastly, you are a superb communicator who can give and receive feedback and apply it to your work.
- Light, shade, and render assets and shots. Take an asset or shot to a final quality hitting all notes.
- Ensure shots meet rendering requirements.
- Meet project milestones and deadlines on time.
- Collaborate with other artists to share knowledge and techniques.
- Make corrections and adjustments requested by the supervisor.
- 3+ years of Lighting/LookDev experience in commercials, film, or TV
- Skilled in using platforms including Houdini, Maya, Mantra, Redshift, Mari, Substance, and Nuke
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Ability to take direction positively and work well within a team
- Strong understanding of multiple aspects of the VFX pipeline
- Solid understanding of look development fundamentals and tools
- Good understanding of Colour/Lighting
- Good understanding of physically plausible rendering
- Understanding of rendering efficiency, providing assets to effectively work within the different shot requirements
Legal authorization to work in Canada
- Desire to grow in a leadership capacity by leading or supervising specific effects/sequences
- Experience outside of Lighting/Look Development considered an asset
Your Perks & Benefits:
- Emphasis on work/life balance – we are intentional with scheduling overtime and do our best to keep the work within working hours and not on weekends.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Ample-cross training opportunities
- A fun and collaborative environment
- Dog-friendly workplace (Once we return to the studio)
Commitment to COVID-19 Safety
Our top priority is providing a safe and healthy workplace for our artists and support staff. As the situation surrounding COVID-19 evolves, we continue to monitor and follow the directives of the government and WorkSafeBC to ensure a secure working environment.
Artists will continue to work remotely from home until the situation surrounding COVID-19 stabilizes, after which time a hybrid model will be in place in accordance with health guidelines.
Ready to grow your career with a unique VFX studio? Apply today with your resume and demo reel!
About The Embassy VFX
The Embassy is a Canadian, Oscar-nominated production house, specializing in live-action production, post-production, and animation for feature films, television, and commercials. We are an independent creative studio with expertise in visual effects and production. Located in the heart of Vancouver’s Digital District, we work with global production companies, agencies and brands, in film, television and advertising.
What We Do
We provide an integrated approach to visual effects production from concept to delivery including design, direction & post-production. With over 15 years' experience creating best in class visual effects we utilize cgi, animation, motion graphics and compositing to create compelling imagery.
We have crafted award-winning visual effects for the world’s most recognized brands and film franchises. Our work has received accolades including Oscar nominations and numerous VES, Cannes, D&AD, Clio & ADCC awards.