- Complete project compositing and 2d project management, involving compositing of VFX/CG elements, and the creation and integration of motion graphics.
- Conforming, finishing and minor editorial work on commercial projects.
- Pitching and quoting
- Attending shoots and assisting supervisors with their duties
- Managing, mentoring and training junior artists in your teams
- Working within a compositing team on larger projects e.g. Features/TV
- The skill set and confidence of a Senior Nuke, Flame or Finishing Artist at an established post facility.
- A minimum of 5-6 years VFX industry experience is required. 1-2 years minimum leading projects, with an overall focus on commercial projects.
- Expert experience in using Nuke and Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, AE, Photoshop)
- Experience in other editorial, DI & finishing tools an asset (Flame, Smoke, Resolve, Mistika, DS etc.)
- A critical eye for detail and an interest in art, photography and above all else filmmaking.
- Strong communication and team leadership skills.
- Excellent grasp of the whole filmmaking process from pre through to post.
- Understanding of the technical aspects of pipeline development e.g. python, gizmo’s etc. Though not essential
- Be a creative problem solver. There is always a solution.
- Friendly and a people person – especially good with clients in demanding sessions.
- Faultless work ethic and ability to thrive and deliver creative solutions under pressure. Deadline driven and pro-active
- Committed to maintaining our client base.
- Team oriented, and able to inspire a collaborative working environment
- and above all … have a great sense of humour!
About The Embassy
The Embassy is a Canadian, Oscar nominated production house. Specializing in live-action production, post-production, and animation for feature films & commercials.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- A fun and collaborative environment
- Emphasis on work/life balance
- Ample cross training opportunities
- Beer Fridays!
- Bagel Wednesdays!
- Dog friendly workplace