The VFX Dept. of Supernatural (TV Series) is seeking a new addition to our talented team of compositors.
The right candidate will work well in a fast-paced television VFX pipeline, be able to work semi-autonomously once direction is given, and have a well-rounded set of compositing skills to manage a shot or series of shots from start to finish.
We are leaning towards applicants with more experience, but we are open to candidates with less experience if they make up for it with skill and passion.
Compositing at Supernatural is a creative role as much as it is technical – we are looking for artists who can put inspiration into their work rather than simply compositing elements into plates.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with software: Nuke, After Effects, Photoshop
- Take responsibility for the completion of shots from start to finish
- Consult with the Compositing Lead Artist and/or Supervisor
- Investigate and keep up to date on new and competing software packages and technology
- Demonstrated compositing and creative ability
- Good working knowledge of Nuke or After Effects, and Photoshop
- Experience in working with live action plates in film or television
- Complete understanding of color correction, blue & green screen, rotoscoping, mattes, and tracking
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
- Have an excellent working knowledge of the technical and organisational aspects of the studio pipeline
- Good working knowledge of render queues and related technologies and issues
Our application review process will begin the first week of July and we will contact applicants for interviews in mid-July. Start date will be July 30th 2018 and the duration of contract is approximately 10 months. Work week is Mon-Fri, 9AM-5PM, with intermittent weekend work.
Please send Demo Reel to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include your full name, email address, residential status if applicable, and a phone number we can contact you at.
About Supernatural Season 14
The in-house visual effects department for Supernatural, Season 14.