We offer a flexible work environment, suitable to self-starters and responsible, independent thinkers who want to own some complex shots! As a young studio, we are looking for people that can become full-time permanent as part of our long-term, core team. In-studio work is preferred, at Suite 520 – 744 West Hastings, near Waterfront Station in downtown Vancouver. Hybrid work is also available.
- 5+ years experience in visual effects as an FX TD using Houdini
- ability to light and render in Redshift
- understand and use VEX & HScript expressions
- Python knowledge is a plus
- FX experience in Max or Maya is a plus
- experience and an eye for photo-realism, composition and colour
- basic Nuke experience
- able to work independently and creatively, thinking outside of the box is encouraged
- communicate in English, both verbal and written
- recognized training in visual effects, design, media, graphics or related field, or equivalent experience
- build complex destruction setups, pyro/smoke simulations, ocean workflows
- perform large-scale simulations while maintaining a great level of detail
- integrate designs, assets and workflow with CG & Comp departments
- iterate new versions based on supervisor and client notes
- communicate ideas and concerns effectively; coordinate with other departments
- experience or interest in mentoring junior artists
Wage range dependent on experience. Monday – Friday, standard 8 hours per day with occasional overtime. Extended health & dental benefits plan.
BC Residency is a requirement; we are not able to offer remote work to employees in other provinces or countries. Canadian citizenship, Permanent Residence, or an Open Permit/NAFTA-CUSMA are required. We are not able to sponsor company-specific work permits at this time.
Stormborn Studios Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, following BC Employment Standards and BC Human Rights Code, creating a welcoming, diverse and inclusive environment.
Contact email@example.com for more information.
About Stormborn Studios Inc.
Founded in 2017, Stormborn Studios Inc. is a Vancouver-based visual effects studio specializing in simulations and dynamics. We were honored with the 2023 Visual Effects Society award for Best Supporting Visual Effects in a Photoreal Episode for our work on Five Days at Memorial (ABC Signature). Other credits include Locke & Key (Netflix); Project Blue Book (History Channel) and The Man In The High Castle (Amazon Prime).
We are passionate about the work we perform; we value team players, sharing knowledge, constantly evolving and learning. We support that passion with effective hardware and technology advancements; we are continually developing our proprietary pipeline to allow our artists to stay creatively focused.