Stormborn Studios is looking for a junior-mid level Houdini FX Technical Director to work on a variety of challenging projects. This is not a senior position – the successful applicant will have good training, an even better eye, and will work on site (or hybrid) with the supervisor. This is a full-time permanent position for the right candidate.
We offer an independent and flexible work environment. As a young studio, we are looking for people that can become part of our core team. At Stormborn we’re passionate about the work we perform, being a team player is key. Sharing knowledge is part of what we live and breathe, we’re constantly evolving and learning new techniques ourselves, and every show is a new feat.
– Vancouver residents to work on-site at 520-744 West Hastings, Vancouver BC
– related degree preferred; specialized FX certificate or diploma at a reputable school required
– understands and uses pyro, rbd, particle and vellum simulations
– a solid eye for photo-realism
– Python knowledge is a plus
– FX experience in Max or Maya is a plus
– basic Nuke experience
– communicate in English, both verbal and written
– building complex destruction setups, pyro/smoke simulations, ocean workflows
– lighting FX in Redshift
– perform large-scale simulations while maintaining a great level of detail
– develop the graphic elements that meet the clients’ objectives
– communicate with supervisor, production staff and team both orally and written
– iterate new versions based on supervisor and client notes
– attention to detail, an eye for composition and colour
– ability to work to tight deadlines
This position is intended to be full-time permanent. Wage range $30-38/hour. M-F standard 8 hours per day with occasional overtime. Extended health & dental benefits plan.
– Team players
– Problem solvers
– Independent thinkers
– Reliable and confident personalities
– FX Ninjas!
– Canadian Citizen or Permanent Residents preferred for this position
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Stormborn Studios is located at 520-744 West Hastings, Vancouver BC.
About Stormborn Studios Inc.
Founded in 2017, Stormborn Studios Inc. is a Vancouver-based visual effects studio specializing in simulations and dynamics. We were honored with the 2023 Visual Effects Society award for Best Supporting Visual Effects in a Photoreal Episode for our work on Five Days at Memorial (ABC Signature). Other credits include Locke & Key (Netflix); Project Blue Book (History Channel) and The Man In The High Castle (Amazon Prime).
We are passionate about the work we perform; we value team players, sharing knowledge, constantly evolving and learning. We support that passion with effective hardware and technology advancements; we are continually developing our proprietary pipeline to allow our artists to stay creatively focused.