Graphics Software Developer – Nuke Pipeline
Sony Pictures Imageworks is seeking a strong programmer to join the Development Group at Imageworks
The Nuke Pipeline engineer develops and maintains an efficient and creative workflow for compositing
artists. This includes continued integration of Nuke into an established studio pipeline, creation of new
plugins, scripts, and user interfaces. This position requires collaboration with in-house engineers, outside
vendors, as well as compositing and lighting artists. The tools created help to facilitate cutting edge
imagery on a wide variety of shows.
● Experience programming in Python and C++
● Experience with Nuke’s python APIs, NDK, gizmos, and compositing workflows
● Knowledge of compositing, lighting and studio pipeline development
● Ability to analyze and review compositing scripts for issues and inefficiencies
● Good communication skills and an aptitude for working in small teams
● Experience writing image and/or geometry plugins in C++ in Nuke or other compositing package
● Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent
● Stereo workflows and toolsets
● Experience with UNIX / Linux
● Strong knowledge of PyQt or PySide are highly desired.
● Knowledge of third party graphics applications (e.g. Maya, Houdini, Katana)
● Experience and interest in color pipeline management
About the Team: Backend Dev
The Backend Development team works closely with artists in rendering, compositing, stereo, color
science and fx. We support both off-the-shelf and proprietary tools, developing the workflows that help
artists efficiently create amazing images for film.
Some of the types of tasks associated with our group include:
● Core technology growth in our Katana lighting tool, working closely with The Foundry’s Katana
● Ongoing contributions to open source projects like OpenColorIO, OpenImageIO, OSL, Alembic,
● GPU implementations for visualization of assets.
● Support color integration for all shows and outside vendors as well.
● Creating cutting-edge, next generation rendering algorithms within our version of Arnold.
● Reducing the time to first pixel as well as finding efficiencies through more streamlined toolsets.
● Leveraging and honing OSL to produce easy-to-use, realistic shaders that just look good out of
● Integrating Houdini and Maya tools to our fx pipeline. Visualizing fx elements within Katana and
● Continuously improving toolsets, as needs arise, for show driven technology requirements.
Those with a penchant for assessing artist workflow limitations, and the aptitude to implement a cohesive
solution, are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please send your CV/resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in
the email subject line.
About Sony Pictures Imageworks
ABOUT SONY PICTURES IMAGEWORKS
• Website: http://www.imageworks.com/
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SonyPicturesImageworks
• Twitter: http://twitter.com/imageworksvfx
• YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/imageworksvfx