SGI is looking for a talented and experienced Senior UX Designer to build exciting, innovative and accessible interfaces for our games. UX Designer works directly with the Art Director and Game Design team, helping to define player facing aspects of our games. This individual has the knowledge and sensibility of what makes an interface intuitive and how to employ visual presentation principles to create user-centric experiences. UX Designer has impeccable conceptual and problem-solving skills with a strong understanding of information architecture and how large amounts of information can be visually and functionally transformed into attractive, intuitive user interfaces.
The ideal candidate thrives in a collaborative work culture, is a self-starter with initiative to solve problems and excellent follow through. Strong written and verbal communication skills are critical for the internal cross-department collaboration.
- Drive one or more game titles UX / UI design from feature conception to implementation of UI, and support beyond ship date
- Collaborate with the Game Designers to translate game systems and gameplay user experience goals into intuitive interfaces that support and enhance the game experience.
- Work closely with the Art Director to understand and document the artistic style and goals to help define UX guidelines and build beautiful, user-centric experience
- Conceptualize UI/UX designs through wireframes, flow diagrams, interactive mocks, in-game prototyping, pre-visualization clips while ensuring that iterative feedback from stakeholders is incorporated
- Communicate designs and design rationale clearly, to the team and to management or others as needed
Produce final wireframes and art mock-ups for design specs, including detailed asset requirements and use cases for UI implementation
- Assist artists, game designers, and programmers to fully integrate the aesthetic, mechanical, and technical elements of the product’s user interface according to specifications
- Orchestrate feedback loops including team’s play testing and player research and respond to the results to improve on designs
- Observe and interpret results of usability testing and live game metrics, sharing conclusions with the team that help increase accessibility and inform design decision making game-wide
- Maintain UX standards and related documentation to help the company create a consistent, quality experience for its players across mobile platforms and PC
- 3+ years of UX/UI experience with interactive media and ideally in mobile development
- Game experience on either traditional/console, Facebook, and/or mobile
- Bachelor’s degree in Interactive Design, Graphic Design, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Diverse portfolio of UX / UI for Games, Apps, Prototypes or otherwise
- Strong passion for human-centered design challenges and graphic design challenges
- Willingness and ability to take ownership of the creation of a user experience from the concept stage, thru iteration and testing , all the way to the execution of a functional interface
- Awareness of trends in hardware and operating systems, mobile interface design, interactive design, and competitive software to help identify opportunities for innovation.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and a solid understanding of user-centered design principles to design a complete interface for all game features that is functional, usable, appealing, and accessible.
- Mastery of Adobe Photoshop, Flash, other Creative Suite software and proficiency in tools for visual prototyping and creation of pre-visualizations and motion graphics
- Ability and willingness to learn new programs and pipelines
- Sense of humor, passion for your work, and desire to grow yourself and those around you
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.