SENIOR UI/UX ARTIST
SGI is looking for a talented and experienced Senior UI/UX Artist with a background in graphic design, strong illustration skills, and animation/motion graphics proficiency. Prior hands-on UI development experience on multiple games, platforms, user input schemes (i.e. touch, controller, mouse & keyboard, motion control) and in diverse art styles is important for the role. The ideal candidate thrives in a collaborative work culture, and is a motivated self-starter with strong sense of initiative to solve problems with excellent follow through.
This individual has the knowledge and sensibility of what makes an interface intuitive, and proven ability to craft and apply it to any look & feel or game genre at the level of quality worthy of the next generation of mobile games.
Strong written and verbal communication skills are critical for the internal cross-department collaboration, and required for external and client-facing presentations.
- Collaborate with the Art Director to develop the art and animation style of the UI that fits with the game’s vision, art direction, and is best suited for the target platforms
- Create visually inspiring, high fidelity, client-facing UI concepts
- Deconstruct, validate, and conceptualize UI flows based on game design documentation, and collaborate with Design to iterate and streamline screen layouts to achieve highly accessible, intuitive and visually appealing user experience
- Build interactive UI prototypes to prove out gameplay concepts and iterate on functionality of your designs
- Produce final quality, game-ready UI art and animation assets within technical and memory specifications for target platforms. Assist engineers during implementation.
- Evaluate the implementation quality of the UI in the game and proactively problem solve to meet the highest level of presentation polish
- Support the Producer in development and maintenance of realistic UI scope plans and schedule
- Document and propagate procedures, best-practices and style guides to the other UI artists and engineers
- Analyze, adapt, and integrate feedback from the Client and/or other departments to achieve what is best for the product
- Create ancillary graphic design work including branding/logos, typography, pitch and marketing materials
- Mentor others by sharing your knowledge and providing direction on UI asset production tasks
- Constructively give and receive feedback
- Provide feedback on tools and pipelines
- 5+ years of experience developing interactive interfaces for games
- Bachelor’s degree in Interactive Design, Graphic Design, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Able to explore a wide variety of ideas, to follow and adapt to different stylistic guidelines.
- Expert knowledge of Flash with proficiency in animation techniques using timeline and programmatic motion
- Mastery of Adobe Photoshop and proficiency in other Adobe Creative Suite software
- Experience with one or more 3D software packages (i.e. 3DS Max, ZBrush)
- High degree of ownership of the work and willingness to iterate on work until it shines
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment with tight turnaround
- High degree of initiative with ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong verbal and visual communications skills
- Able to effectively and quickly build relationships and establish trust among team members and peers
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability and willingness to learn new programs and pipelines
- Sense of humor, passion for your work, and desire to grow yourself and those around you
- Avid gamer and mobile app enthusiast
- Familiarity with a live data driven game environment (ie. rapid iteration, frequent testing and bug fixing)