Smoking Gun Interactive is looking for a talented and driven individual to take on the role of Senior Programmer. The ideal candidate should have experience in varied areas of game development and be able and willing to work on any area of game programming needed. Experience in mentoring and training for programmers is essential. This position has the potential to move into a leadership role.
- Collaborating with the Lead Programmer & Technical Director to establish a unified technology vision for the project including writing and reviewing technical design documents
- Produce high-quality, efficient, clean, and modular code
- Proactive in identifying tasks/problems that need tackling, outside of known scheduled work, from refactoring to bug fixing
- Must go above and beyond their daily tasks
- Providing mentorship and training for programmers to create an atmosphere of cooperation and learning
- Must provide and accept feedback on all aspects of code quality (performance, readability, testability, design)
- 5+ years experience as a programmer in the game industry and or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Passion for playing and creating innovative games, must consider themselves a gamer
- Shipped at least one AAA game as a senior or lead programmer
- Must be strongly self motivated and an independent worker
- Expert working knowledge of C++, STL and Object Oriented Design
- Strong understanding of general and 3D math, statistics and probability
- Excellent problem solving abilities, proven ability to tackle hard problems in creative ways
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills
- Positive attitude with a desire to work within a team environment towards a common goal
- Ability to estimate work load and execute on the work in the time estimated
- Experience with any of the following languages, C#, Java, Lua, HLSL/Cg shaders
- Experience prototyping gameplay using Flash, C#, Java, C++
- Experience with Mobile: iOS, Android, 3DS, Vita
- Experience with Xbox LIVE programming, leaderboards etc.
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience with Design Patterns
- Varied experience in game programming e.g. gameplay, systems, physics, networking, rendering etc.
- Experience with Visual Studio, Perforce
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.