Smoking Gun Interactive is looking for an experienced Marketing Manager to join our growing team! The ideal candidate will have successful games marketing experience, industry connections, strong analytical skills with the ability to be an advertising visionary, and a passion for games. Our Marketing Manager is a key part of our team, so the right individual must work well with others, and understand the functions of the different disciplines of a game studio. We are a vibrant workplace and pride ourselves on creating high quality gaming experiences.
Who you are: You are a games marketing expert with 2+ years of industry experience. You can confidently and creatively market games and have a proven track record of success. You love the industry and are excited to work with an independent studio. You know when and where to advertise, what will give the greatest ROI’s and who to contact in the media. You can create and analyze marketing plans making changes according to trends, research, and data. Lastly, you are results driven and take pride in your work.
- Developing and executing marketing campaigns from inception to completion.
- Oversee ongoing analysis of campaigns making changes where necessary to get the greatest ROIs
- Provide marketing research, data analysis and trend research
- Create and manage marketing communication strategies for public relations, advertising, social, web, and event presence
- Work with the production team and the producer to prioritize announcements and releases aligned with marketing plans
- Develop systems to track and report on marketing activity with clear KPI’s, ROI’s
- Write reports on successes and failures of marketing campaigns, track marketing initiatives and competitor statistics
- Liaise with media, individuals and organizations to market product
- Writing, publishing and managing PR content, publicity for the studio and individual games
- Work with management on marketing strategies for the studio
- Communicate and coordinate efforts with our publishing partners regarding marketing initiatives
- Previous experience in the gaming industry as a marketing manager
- Thorough understanding of advertising standards
- Experience working with development teams
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience with strategy or free to play games an asset
- Experience working and communicating with external teams & studios