Smoking Gun Interactive is looking for a talented and driven individual with at least 3 years of industry experience as Lead Game Designer. The ideal candidate has hands-on experience in designing systems and balancing gameplay mechanics. A strong literacy in game design and the ability to clearly and concisely communicate ideas in both written and verbal forms is key. A Lead Designer can work independently with little supervision and drive their discipline and collaborate with other groups to deliver a high quality product.
- Collaborate with Creative Director to deliver on driving the creative vision for the project
- Evangelize and communicate the design vision to the team
- Provide mentor-ship for design team to create an atmosphere of cooperation and learning
- Build strong creative game designs that are original and imaginative
- Drive, develop, and document gameplay mechanics to final quality while adhering to the design vision of the product
- Track and analyze game data, and create reports with suggested design changes based on gameplay data
- Evaluate and iterate on live game features and events to improve retention and monetization on live games
- Adjust game mechanics designs and tune to balance gameplay mechanics based on gameplay analytics
- Collaborate with art and programming disciplines to achieve project goals
- Maintain a high proficiency in workflows and pipelines, collaborating to improve tools and methodologies
- Maintain a high level of quality in all aspects of their teams work
- Take initiative in creative problem-solving and collaborating as needed to facilitate effective resolutions
- 5 to 7 years experience as a game designer on a Mobile and PC product
- 3 years’ experience as a lead game designer on a Mobile and PC product
- Shipped at least three titles as a Senior/Lead game designer
- Has taken games all the way from concept development to live operations.
- Expert in tuning and balancing game systems and economies for live games
- Experience with freemium game mechanic, KPI’s, and monetization strategies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate ideas clearly
- Ability to accept and provide direction, work well under pressure, and handle multiple tasks
- Self-driven, take initiative and work independently without supervision
- Experience in understanding the market and target audience for mobile and online games
- Works well under pressure and able to meet deadlines
- Willingness to push the envelope and innovate within game parameters
- Display a positive attitude, and passionate about gaming and striving to improve the quality of games
- Direct experience creating, and tuning strategy titles
- Multi-platform development experience (ideally, with various mobile platforms)
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience
- Permanent Full Time Employment
- Eligible for incremental raises in accordance with company policy on an annual basis.
- Eligible for discretionary bonus based on employee and company performance.
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits
- Subsidization of MSP Premiums
- LTD and Life Insurance Coverage
- Vacation-2 weeks’ vacation per calendar year (Prorated for 1st Year)
- Job based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Language of work: English
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.