FX ARTIST – TV SERIES (temporary, full-time)
We are seeking an FX Artist with photo-real experience in visual effects to join us on the 10-episode live-action TV Series “Six”, Season 2, at Six 2 North Productions, 7588 Winston St, Burnaby, BC. This role would be suitable for an independent, responsible person who would like to work with a small team on a fast-paced project. This is not a Senior Artist level position, but we would like you to have some working production experience.
- Under the direction of the VFX Supervisor, create visual effects using Houdini and Maya software for broadcast television series
- Revise versions based on client and supervisor feedback in a timely manner
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure smooth integration of your FX elements
- Trouble-shoot and solve technical and artistic issues
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Experience and/or understanding of the techniques & technologies used to create drips, splatters, splashes, smoke, dust, rain, snow, mist, destruction, explosions, fire etc.
- Related education, minimum 1 year – degree, diploma or certificate in visual effects, FX TD, design, multimedia, graphics, animation
- Demo reel showing some FX samples from work, school or personal projects
- Previous work experience in photo-real visual effects is an asset
- Be a team-player, communicate well in written/oral English, and work well in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of physics and realistic motion at different scales
- Eager to learn new methods and share knowledge
- This is a full-time, project-based position with a start date of early September, 2017 and an end date in January, 2018. Wage range is dependent on experience, hourly rate plus overtime as per BC Employment Standards.
- Must be a BC Resident; Canadian, Permanent Resident or already open permitted preferred. Permit must last for the duration of the employment.
How to apply: Email a PDF resume and a link to your online demo reel to Gillian Pearson, firstname.lastname@example.org