The Rigging Supervisor is responsible for all resources, direction, and output of the rigging department. They attend both show and facility based planning meetings, and determine the direction and priorities of the department to meet the challenges arising from those meetings. They strive for an overall increase in quality for all digital assets while decreasing the learning curve and work flow complexity required to achieve said quality. Manages and oversees all members of the team, and contributes to an increase in their knowledge and skills while fostering a creative and enjoyable working environment
- Overall team management and resource planning such as recruitment, resource allocation, training, development and performance management
- Collaboratively works with studio leadership; prioritizes and escalates show and overall studio pipeline tasks and solutions
- Develops studio tools and improvements to rigging pipeline as well as sibling departments
- Work with the production team to meet the goals and requirements of asset deliveries, including R&D and rapid prototyping
- Stays up to date with rigging techniques in the industry and plans development when relevant new technology emerges
- Reviews and evaluates the work of artists on the rigging team for both technical and artistic improvements
- Creates documentation and training materials
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Post grad Diploma/Certificate (preferred) or equivalent experience
- Minimum seven (7) years of rigging experience in visual effects for feature films using Maya
- Minimum four (4) years of leadership/management experience
- Excellent knowledge of Python, Maya API, and C++
- 3ds Max experience is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of Maya and animation pipeline work flow
- Experience delivering complete milestones/tasks under tight deadlines
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Great eye for detail, initiative and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, and elevate members to produce their best work
- Strong creative trouble shooting/problem solving ability
- Expert knowledge and understanding of human and creature anatomy
We offer extended medical, disability & dental insurance.
Please apply only once to the same job posting with the same email, we keep your resume/ reel on file both current & future job opportunities. Only re-apply if your details have recently changed.
Scanline VFX offers a leading edge creative, collaborative team environment working with brilliant talent from around the globe. Be part of an award-winning studio where you will be challenged to do the best work of your career.