Hey there! We’re Relish, a group of interactive innovators committed to improving how people live, learn, work, and play. We immerse our clients’ customers into digital worlds that thrill, delight, and disrupt. We’re a tight, nimble team that does mighty things. Check out some our recent projects here: https://reli.sh/animation/
We’re looking for a Studio Rigging Lead to help bring our commercial projects and feature animations to life.
Who are you?
You’re weirdly passionate about improving the overall quality and efficiency of creature/character workflow and, with at least 5+ years of experience behind you, you’re ready to oversee the development and maintenance of the studio’s proprietary rigs and ripping pipeline.
You’re a thinker, a doer, a dreamer, and a maker:
- You’ve got an excellent grasp of biomechanics, kinesiology for humanoid and animals, and a thorough understanding of weighting and skinning
- You’re a bona-fide animation geek, with expertise in Autodesk Maya, Unity, and/or Unreal; Blender experience also a plus!; you’re proficient with Python, and feel energized when you’re upskilling to improve the animation pipeline
- You’re ready to build and lead a rigging team, and mentor junior rigging artists
- You’re confident in your creativity and ability. You’re an effective and clear communicator that’s unafraid to ask great questions, identify solutions, and troubleshoot
Wait, what? That’s me! Tell me more. What would my day look like?
From simple props to complex creatures, you’ll create feature-quality, scripted rigs and refine them based on the needs of animators and downstream departments. Working closely with modelers and animators, you’ll ensure assets are efficiently rigged and capable of believable movements.
- You’ll adapt to the tools specific to the production, and offer suggestions to refine or optimize the process to achieve the best possible CG performances
- You’ll collaborate with Modelers and Animators to meet the technical requirements and satisfy the series’ animation needs
- Reporting to the Producer and collaborating with members of our team, you’ll receive feedback from the Directors and Supervisors to bring a high level of technical proficiency while achieving looks in a variety of styles
- You’ll attend and participate in team meetings, and regularly communicate with the production team
Yeah, I want in! How do we get started?
We thought you would. We need to see some evidence of your rigging experience, how you’ve made an impact on other teams, and understand where you’re located (or if you’re willing to relocate to be a part of our team). Please be sure to include a link to your demo reel in your application! Apply today or send an email out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’ve got questions.
Limited time offer! Don’t miss your shot! This opportunity is only available to those eligible to work in Canada. Preference will be given to those willing to relocate to our Duncan, BC studio.
About Relish Studios
We’re Relish, a group of interactive innovators committed to improving how people live, learn, work, and play. We immerse our clients’ customers into digital worlds that thrill, delight, and disrupt. We’re a tight, nimble team that does mighty things.