We are seeking an experienced BG Artist on a short-term contract to join the first 2D Harmony project to be produced at Rainmaker Studios! Details listed below.
PRIMARY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Under the guidance of the Supervisor, Leads and/or Art Director, on a 2D animated project, the BG Artist is responsible to create digital painted 2D backgrounds in the style set forth by the Art Director.
- Meet project quotas, deadlines, milestones as set by project leads, and the production department
- Interprets and implements notes and feedback from Director(s), Supervisors or Leads in a timely and qualitatively acceptable way.
- Adheres to digital file management protocols.
- Aligns and engages with the values of Rainmaker: a culture of community, connectivity, creativity and collaboration.
- Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, staff members and clients.
- Degree and/or diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience is preferred.
- 2-3+ years of experience working in a professional environment within their discipline.
- A strong working knowledge of Photoshop and 2D animation principles.
- Ability to communicate and/or demonstrate ideas clearly and concisely. Practices attentive and active listening. Incorporates feedback and direction received from the Director/Supervisor.
- Open to and encourages feedback and new initiatives.
- Solid work ethic and positive attitude. Ability to work under pressure. Self-motivated and pro-active. Consistently strives to expand knowledge base.
- Efficient and detail oriented.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work collaboratively.