Rainmaker is on the lookout for a talented Art Director on an exciting upcoming TV Series, Fashion Ally (working title). Created by Paula Rosenthal, and Produced by Silvergate Media (known for Sunny Day and Peter Rabbit), this animated series follows a little girl, Ally, in the high fashion world as she makes everything around her a bit brighter, bolder and more brilliant, one design fix at a time.
As the Art Director you will oversee visual development of the project starting with the conceptualization phase generating the initial designs for character, locations and props, onto building assets, shot creation and composition through final output and color correction.
PRIMARY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Ability to create a visual style based on the Director’s vision for the project.
- Able to generate a color palate which will guide the project’s lighting, mood and atmosphere.
- Collaborates with Department Supervisors to ensure all artwork consistently meets the project’s creative parameters and complexity level while adhering to its schedule and budget.
- Responsible for the project’s stylistic, color, texture and lighting consistency.
- He/she plays a key part in maintaining the final look of the project as it undergoes post-production.
- Interprets, implements, and facilitates notes and feedback from Production Executives, Director, and Producer in a timely and qualitatively acceptable way.
- Partners with production team to prioritize completion of artwork pending production requirements.
- Degree and/or diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience is required.
- 4-6+ years of experience working in a professional environment within their discipline.
- Highly imaginative, thinks out of the box.
- Expertise in design, color and application.
- Equally as versatile using a pencil as Photoshop and other similar software.
- Ability to envision how 2D artwork can be effectively and efficiently translated into CG models.
- Expertise in creating conceptual artwork in a wide spectrum of styles ranging from cartoony to realistic.
- Extensive knowledge of modeling and animation, with a full understanding of the entire production process.
- Extremely knowledgeable about the production process from start to finish.
- Proven abilities to guide the visual style of the project from the conceptual stage through production and post production.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Motivated, pro-active, solution-minded, solid work ethic and positive attitude.
- Excellent leadership skills inspiring the team to work as a cohesive unit and eager to put forth their best.
- Ability to collaborate and facilitate feedback requested by executives.