We are seeking a Lead 2D Animator on a to join the first 2D Harmony project to be produced at Rainmaker Studios! As the Lead 2D Animator, you will be responsible for providing creative mentorship to the animation team and working collaboratively with multiple tasks in a fast paced production.
PRIMARY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Helps to define and implement the standards for the acting performance.
- Develops and defines animation styles and techniques which set the stage for outstanding performance and unique storytelling.
- Motivates, mentors and supports the team to consistently strive towards excellence.
- Oversees character consistency throughout or on assigned sequences, ensuring that key character and story moments are supported through performance.
- Works with the Supervisor and/or production management to cast animators to characters/sequences/shots that best suit their skill set.
- Collaborates with creative and technical staff to ensure animation feasibility within the confines of schedule and budget.
- Seeks creative options to maximize re-use when applicable.
- Review and approve Keys and in-betweens as instructed under the guidance of the Animation Director and Director.
- Provides coaching, mentoring and training as necessary.
- Partners with production management in tracking and providing support to artists to ensure the on-time delivery of high quality shots.
- Ensures that the animators are achieving balance, composition and timing requirements in a way that supports story and character performance.
- Guides animation team to creatively enhance material in order to achieve set standards of performance and complexity.
- Interprets, implements, and facilitates notes and feedback from Director and Animation Supervisor in a timely and manner and of highest quality.
- Adheres to digital file management protocols.
- Aligns and engages with the values of Rainmaker: a culture of community, connectivity, creativity and collaboration.
- Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, staff members and clients.
- Degree and/or diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience is required.
- 3-5+ years of experience working in a professional environment within their discipline.
- Advanced knowledge of principles of animation, anatomy, perspective and composition.
- Advanced acting skills that in turn set the standards for the project’s character performance.
- Extensive knowledge of character building and facial animation.
- Advanced knowledge of Toon Boom Harmony is required.
- Strong storytelling skills along with expertise on how to enrich acting performance.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and/or demonstrate both verbally and visually.
- Ability to collaborate and facilitate feedback requested by executives and/or clients as required.
- Ability to provide constructive feedback and inspire team to strive for excellence.
- Solid team leader, delegator and decision-maker.
- Adaptable and able to change course of action quickly per production needs. Highly motivated, pro-active, solutions-oriented, solid work ethic and positive attitude. Ability to work well under pressure.
- Consistently strives to expand knowledge base.
- Efficient and detail oriented. Ability to prioritize duties in order to fulfill both personal quota and team quota requirements.
- Exceptional problem solving skills and ability to work collaboratively. Actively improves skill set to remain at cutting edge of industry trends.
- Ability to oversee and deliver the highest quality animation feasible within the production parameters and consistently meet departmental production quota requirements.