We are in need of talented and experienced Revisionists to join our Octonauts Story Team! Under the guidance of the Storyboard Director, the Storyboard Revisionist does updates / revisions on storyboards as directed by the Director and/or Clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Under the leadership of the Storyboard Director, the Storyboard Revisionist uses designs to revise storyboard panels based on notes provided.
- Cleans-up/modifies story panels that reflect the emotional, action and or comedic intent of a scene/sequence.
- May participate in brainstorming sessions to come up with story, emotional and comedic ideas.
- Able to compose shots and indicate screen direction and cutting for effective storytelling.
- Focuses on continuity from shot-to-shot in his or her assigned revision sequences in addition to collaborating with other story artists to ensure continuity from sequence to sequence.
- Depending on the project’s requirements, the Storyboard Revisionist generates artwork ranging from thumbnails to digitally enhanced final storyboard panels.
- Collaborates with editorial to provide materials to be cut into the story reel.
- Interprets and implements notes and feedback from Director and/or Storyboard Director in a timely and qualitatively acceptable way.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree or diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience is preferred.
- 2+ years of experience working in a professional environment within their discipline.
- Strong drawing skills with the ability to capture character action, emotion and attitude through storyboard panels.
- Strong storytelling skills.
- Strong staging skills.
- Must show an aptitude for learning different styles depending on the project’s requirements.
- Experience with digital storyboarding tools.
- Strong aptitude for verbal and visual presentation skills.
- Practices attentive and active listening. Incorporates feedback and direction received from the Director/Supervisor.