We are looking for experienced Storyboard Artists on an exciting upcoming TV Series, Fashion Ally (working title). Created by Paula Rosenthal, and Produced by Silvergate Media (known for Sunny Day and Peter Rabbit), this animated series follows a little girl, Ally, in the high fashion world as she makes everything around her a bit brighter, bolder and more brilliant, one design fix at a time.
This is a perfect opportunity for an artist who has a couple of projects under their belt and is passionate about drawing and translating the story into a visual medium. Does this sound like you? Then we want to hear from you!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Under the leadership of the Head of Story and/or a Senior Storyboard Artist, a Storyboard Artist, using designs, translates script pages into storyboard panels.
- Creates story sequences that reflect the emotional, action and or comedic intent of a scene/sequence.
- Actively participates in brainstorming sessions to come up with story, emotional and comedic ideas.
- Strong abilities to use staging, shot composition, screen direction and cutting for effective storytelling.
- Focuses on continuity from shot-to-shot in his/her assigned sequence in addition to collaborating with other story artists to ensure continuity from sequence to sequence.
- Depending on the project’s requirements, the Storyboard artist generates artwork ranging from thumbnails to digitally enhanced final storyboard panels.
- Collaborates with editorial to provide materials be cut into the story reel.
- Collaborates with pre-visualization artists to ensure a smooth transition into 3D.
- Interprets and implements notes and feedback from Director(s) and or Head of Story in a timely and qualitatively acceptable way.
- Adheres to digital file management protocols.
- Aligns and engages with the values of Rainmaker: a culture of community, connectivity, creativity and collaboration.
- Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, staff members and clients.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree and/or diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience is preferred.
- 2-3+ years of experience working in a professional environment within their discipline.
- Strong drawing skills with the ability to capture character action, emotion and attitude through storyboard panels.
- Excellent storytelling skills.
- Solid knowledge of film grammar, shot composition and cinematographic tools and their use for optimal storytelling.
- Ability to adapt to a variety of styles ranging from cartoony to realistic.
- Experience with digital storyboarding tools.
- Strong verbal and presentation skills with the ability to communicate ideas clearly.
- Practices attentive and active listening. Incorporates feedback and direction received from the Director/Supervisor.
- Open to and encourages feedback and new initiatives. Shares information and techniques with team members.
- Solid work ethic and positive attitude. Ability to work under pressure. Self-motivated and pro-active.
- Consistently strives to expand knowledge base.
- Makes decisions in a timely manner. Accepts accountability for own actions.
- Efficient and detail oriented.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to deliver work on time and meet set performance objectives.