Rainmaker / Mainframe Studios is on the lookout for an experienced Shot Finaling / Generalist for a current production! This will be an organic role which will evolve with the needs of production. Initially, the Shot Finaling / Generalist will be responsible for the generation and QC of renderbakes for lighting. Future tasks will include general trouble shooting of shots, assets, renders, etc.”
Responsibilities and Duties
- Working alongside Production, CG Supervisor, and Departmental Supervisors for quality control and general fixes of shots.
- Generating geometry bakes and renders of approved animation.
- QC of approved animation renders, and assessing any issues which arise.
- Forwarding to appropriate department, TDs, or doing the fix on the shot level.
- General trouble shooting of technical issues of shots:
- Failing render jobs on farm.
- Animation publishing issues.
- Asset versions out of sync in shot.
- Rendered animation not matching published animation
- Possibility of working with crowd simulation in near future.
- Adding additional dressing (ambient and BG) to Animation approved shots.
Qualifications and Skills
- Thorough knowledge of Maya.
- Familiarity with Shotgun and Qube.
- Previous experience in animation and/or any other department.
- A basic understanding of Python (not necessary, but very beneficial).
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proactive in looking into all issues before sending off to TDs or Departmental Supervisor.