We are looking for experienced Lighting Artists for the second season of Barbie Dreamhouse Adventures! Under the guidance of the Lighting Supervisor, the Leads and/or the Senior Lighting Artist, on a CG animated film, the Senior Lighting Artist is tasked with lighting shots from start to finish as they evolve from preliminary lighting through final renders.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ability to work within the lighting and rendering pipeline and capable of troubleshooting common rendering and lighting technical issues.
- Provides feedback and support as necessary.
- Provides mentoring as necessary.
- Interprets and implements notes and feedback from Art Director, Supervisor or Leads in a timely and qualitatively acceptable way.
- Collaborates with Surfacing Team in achieving the desired look and establishing the production design complexity.
- Collaborates with Effects Artists to test efficacy of the special effects, modifying lighting as necessary.
Delivers assignments per project’s schedule.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree and/or diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience working in a professional environment within their discipline.
- Highly creative, the Senior Lighter is able to hone in on crafting a variety of lighting styles as necessitated by shot/sequences in a given project. Experience in photography is an asset.
- In-depth understanding of principles of lighting (such as choice of light, placement of the light source, its direction and how to create the desired effect such as contrast and shadows). In-depth knowledge of compositing a plus.
- Ability to apply in-depth knowledge of digital 3D animation, special effects and lighting. A solid understanding of compositing principles and compositing software such as Nuke.
- In-depth knowledge of Maya and rendering software such as Renderman and/or Mentalray. Ability to script is an asset.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge in the areas of rendering, lighting, shading and compositing.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely.
- Open to and encourages feedback and new initiatives. Shares information and techniques with team members. Ability to mentor and train.
- Solid work ethic and positive attitude. Ability to work under pressure. Self motivated and pro-active.
- Consistently strives to expand knowledge base.
- Makes decisions in a timely manner. Accepts accountability for own actions. Creatively solves problems, eliminates roadblocks and focuses on issue at hand.
- Efficient and detail oriented. Ability to complete work with minimal supervision.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to fulfill lighting assignment with minimal supervision.