Psyop is a production company led by directors with a simple mission: to craft compelling experiences that viewers seek out and share.
Celebrated for groundbreaking work across platforms, Psyop specializes in creating content led by thoughtful design and breathtaking art. Psyop has offices in New York, Los Angeles and Vancouver.
As a 3D Generalist at Psyop, you will be asked to take on a range of tasks and responsibilities on shots and sequences. You will work with the team to create high-end feature film and/or top tier Television VFX shots. We feel that a smaller flexible team is a better option than a strongly pipe-lined and rigid work environment.
– Must be able to work independently and with the guidance of a VFX Supervisor or CG Supervisor to achieve desired level of aesthetic quality and technical accuracy.
– Keep awareness of schedule and deadlines to deliver work within expected timelines.
– Must have the ability to problem solve and predict potential problems with assigned VFX Tasks.
– Ability and willingness to learn new pipelines.
– Ability to take direction positively, work well within a team and thrive under the pressure of deadlines.
– At least 3 years live action visual effects/Feature Film experience.
– Ability to execute a broad range of VFX tasks including particle simulations, modeling, texturing, look development, animation and lighting.
– Production knowledge of the VRay and/or Arnold renderers.
– Expert in using the Maya 3D software. Good to excellent skills in paint and sculpting software.
– Strong sense of composition, light and color.
– Possess strong technical skills and ability to learn new software quickly.
– Experience of basic compositing a plus.
How To Apply
If you meet the above qualifications, please submit your résumé/website/samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be sure to include “CG Generalist” in the subject line.