The Visual College of Art and Design Vancouver (VCAD) is an innovative and dynamic Vancouver-based college of creative applied arts. Our Art and Design diploma programs cover the fashion, graphic and web design, interior design, and animation industries.
We are currently seeking a full time Program Head for our Electronic Arts department. This department includes programs in 3D Modeling Animation Art & Design, Game Development and Design and Mobile Game Design.
As the Program Head, Electronic Arts, you will provide program oversight, quality assurance, program review, and exhibit leadership by practice and example. The Program Head works alongside the Director of Education to provide program direction, and is responsible for ensuring that the program continues to meet the employment needs of the industry. You will also teach four classes a week, facilitating student learning according to the prescribed curriculum.
Reporting to the Campus Director, the Program Head will contribute in a variety of areas.
- Monitor, review and evaluate the educational program and the delivery of the program
- Ensure that programs remain relevant to current and future market needs. Check that recommended textbooks and software continue to support the course objectives
- Take initiative in presenting New Product Development ideas, preparing submissions and sourcing external support where needed.
- Maintain up to date copies of course outlines, objectives, lesson plans and course notes.
- Ensure curriculum complies with cross referencing documents
- Contribute to the Campus goals of increased student numbers and minimized attrition through ensuring quality of program delivery and classroom management for the program
- Review all course synopsis data for accuracy, proficiency and completion
- Supervise academic staff
- Make sure all instructors follow course outline format; include appropriate content; comply with competency profile outcomes; confirm all instructors meet credential requirements
- Work with the Director of Education to assist with scheduling.
- Oversee reporting of marks for all courses
- Review all program evaluations; develop remedial action plans; follow up with continuing problems
- Meet with individual Students as required
- Work with Career Services in establishing strong industry links and assist with creating working groups/pacs/panels
- Maintain relevant industry skills and knowledge
- Delivering instruction that meets module and program objectives as set out in the curriculum
- Preparing lesson plans and teaching aids that utilize a variety of teaching methods to promote student success
- Monitoring and discussing students’ progress with them individually and as a group
- Assigning and posting grades
To be successful in this role, you must possess the following:
- Degree from a recognized University or College in a relevant discipline. Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum five years of related practical work experience
- Teaching experience and/or completion of the PID or possession of other teaching qualifications is preferred but not essential
For more information about our college, please visit http://www.vcad.ca/
To apply, please visit http://www.vcad.ca/about-vcad/employment-opportunities