Gener8 is a technology company providing solutions to the entertainment industry. Our start in stereoscopic 3D catapulted us to the top of the market within 18 months. Using our unique G8 3D system, today we are the only studio in the world capable of delivering stereo conversion for an entire feature-length film that can meet or beat natively shot 3D.
When we opened our doors, we had a single vision: to help filmmakers realize their dreams. Today, Gener8 is driving the digital revolution in the entertainment industry. Our work includes top tier feature films like The Amazing Spider-Man, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, and Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance. Our long list of satisfied clients include Sony Pictures, Warner Bros, Twentieth Century Fox, Columbia Pictures and more.
Day-to-day tasks include basic help desk support via a ticketing system supporting ~100 users, and responding to alerts and emergencies in a quick and timely manner. Additional responsibilities of a system administrator include technical design, planning, and implementation of new systems, recommending the redesign and configuration of existing systems and system applications, and identifying methods, solutions, and project leadership and management in order to provide a high level of service to the customers of the department.
- Provide organization-wide high level technical support
- Assist in addressing business and technical needs
- Design, build, implement, maintain and enhance system infrastructure across multiple hardware and software platforms
- Respond to incidents and emergencies
- A bachelor’s degree in a computer information systems, computer science or engineering
- 5+ years experiencing in a similar role, or 2-3+ years’ experience as a systems administrator in visual effects.
The following skills are core requirements for the day to day duties of the position.
Experience with, and a comprehensive understanding of:
- Domain administration for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux systems.
- Virtualized environments
- High capacity and high performance storage clusters
- Networking theory and practice (VLANs, link aggegation, routing)
- Common network services (e.g. DNS, DHCP, SMTP, CIFS, NFS)
- IPSec & SSL VPNs
- Internet standards
- Work independently and in a team as required
- Work flexible hours
- Work effectively under pressure
- Learn quickly
- Write Bash and Python scripts for systems automation
- Accurately communicate complex or complicated ideas
The following skills and experience is ‘nice to have’. A candidate does not NEED these, but it will sure help.
- Experience with, and a comprehensive understanding of:
- Visual effects or post production
- Render farms (e.g. Deadline, Rush)
- high performance, distributed computing and storage
- high availability architecture
- EMC Isilon Clusters
- VMWare ESXi Clusters
- Extreme, Sonicwall and Juniper 1GbE and 10GbE networking equipment
- Network security
Intermediate knowledge of the following software:
- Autodesk Maya
- Adobe Creative Suite
- The Foundry Nuke
- Blackmagic Fusion
- NoMachine Terminal Server
- Must be able to lift heavy objects (approx.. 25 lbs)
- Must be able to work evenings, at times; longer hours and weekends when deadlines require it.
- Must be able to work in Canada without restriction.
If you are interested, please send your reel, resume and cover letter to email@example.com