This is a full-time (35 hours per week ) position for an enthusiastic person looking to become a part of our team. Someone who is creative and technical, who can assist student working on a variety of projects. Generalist skills are beneficial for this position.
This full-time position would entail:
- Assist in the preparation and administration of examinations
- Conduct laboratory sessions to supplement lectures
- Conduct literature reviews, surveys, laboratory experiments and other research for use in academic publications
- Lead discussion groups and seminars
- Organize reference materials, visual aids and other materials as required by instructors
- One on one helping students during lab time.
- Assistance for reference gathering trips, shoots for group projects and practical FX, VFX studio tours, and general help with on/off site activities.
- Basic lecture/public speaking abilities and the willingness to grow with the position to eventually deliver some classes.
- The adoption and application of our FX and teaching methodologies, and a general helpful/positive outlook for the growth and progress of students.
- Continued self-learning as software and workflows advance.
- Organizing curriculum and archival of work and lectures
- Assisting with project setup (possible match move or tracking)
- Assisting with marketing of student work
- Organize asset library
- This position would require communication in English
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong time management / organizational skills
- Positive attitude and solid work ethic.
- Team player
Required Experience and Skills:
- Beginner to mid level of Houdini proficiency.
- Linux proficiency
- General 3D Experience in a 3D package such as Maya, Max etc…
- 1 year to less then 2 years experience in Post-secondary teaching assistant or a related position
· Experience in a studio environment in 3D or FX.
· Basic Nuke/compositing proficiency.
· Experience with other FX software such as Fumefx, Realflow, Bifrost, Massive, or proprietary
· Understanding of Python scripting.
Position will be @ 1825 Victoria Diversion, Vancouver, B.C.
This position would start as soon as possible. We are looking for a full-time person ideally a 2 + year commitment.
To apply of for more details E-mail: email@example.com