Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and create a wide variety of realistic visual effects, including but not limited to destruction, smoke, fire, water and the supernatural
- Revise simulations based on client and supervisor feedback in a timely manner
- Work in coordination with the Lighting team to ensure smooth integration of FX elements
- Work with FX Supervisor and Leads to achieve the desired level of aesthetic quality and technical accuracy
- 3+ years of FX Artist experience in a production environment
- Experienced in Houdini & Maya
- Creative ability & artistic talent
- Strong experience creating a wide variety of FX simulations (water, smoke, fire, destruction, supernatural)
- A good understanding of generic simulation engines
- Understanding of physics, realistic motion, and various natural phenomena at different scales
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently, proactively solving technical issues as needed
- Compositing, shading, scripting and programming experience are all assets
Priority will be given to US & Canadian applicants.
To Apply for this Position:
Please submit an application through our website: https://www.pixomondo.com/job/fx-artist/
Founded in 2001 by CEO and Executive Producer Thilo Kuther, Pixomondo is a solutions-oriented design company that solves creative challenges for our clients and partners. Whether we are crafting never-before-seen visual effects for a feature film or developing innovative original concepts for a global marketing campaign, we leverage our collaborative design process to develop truly award winning work.
Our passion is to deliver the best ideas at the highest levels of quality on-time and on-budget, with the outstanding service you expect from a world-class company.