Position: Digital Matte Painter
Contract Type: Contract
• 3+ years digital matte painting experience in a production environment
• Skilled in painting photo-real images using photo reference to create high quality digital set extensions and environments
• Good knowledge of the basic principles of 2.5D/3D Projections in Nuke and Maya, which includes but not limited to camera setup, modeling for projections, color space, projection setup, layer management, and delivery to compositing
• Ability to interpret artistic direction and take direction positively
• Excellent communication skills, great team player and able to work well under the pressure of tight deadlines
• Strong knowledge of photography and/or cinematography is a bonus, especially in relation to lenses and cameras
• Demonstrable skills in concept design are also strongly desirable
• A Bachelor’s degree in illustration, industrial design, or fine art preferred
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Create photo-realistic digital paintings and elements that match concept, using 2D and 3D tools and techniques including but not limited to camera projection
• Perform tasks related to integrating photographic and 3D imagery into shots, preserving a unified sense of lighting, perspective, and color
• Combine painting skills in animation software, with a knowledge of photography, modeling, and design, to create 2D and 3D imagery
• Work closely with Comp, DMP and VFX Supervisors to ensure that plates meet planned concept design requirements
• Work in coordination with CG Asset, Lighting, and Compositing departments
PIXOMONDO Vancouver is looking for a Digital Matte Painter (DMP) to join our Matte Painting Department. The Digital Matte Painter creates photo-realistic backgrounds and environments to match the overall look and feel of the film. Combining skills in painting with knowledge of design, photography, and 2.5D projections, the Digital Matte Painter will be responsible for contributing to the visual and technical attributes of the production. Strong traditional art skills including an excellent understanding of color, lighting, perspective, and composition are key. Advanced proficiency in Photoshop as well as 3D experience, the ability to complete work within the bid timeframe while maintaining constant communication with production teams and other CG artists, should be demonstrated throughout.
Priority will be given to Canadian applicants.
Please apply online: https://www.pixomondo.com/job/digital-matte-painter/
Founded in 2001 by CEO and Executive Producer Thilo Kuther, Pixomondo is a solutions-oriented design company that solves creative challenges for our clients and partners. Whether we are crafting never-before-seen visual effects for a feature film or developing innovative original concepts for a global marketing campaign, we leverage our collaborative design process to develop truly award winning work.
Our passion is to deliver the best ideas at the highest levels of quality on-time and on-budget, with the outstanding service you expect from a world-class company.