WHAT DO WE MEAN BY EXPRESSION OF INTEREST?
We’re excited to grow the company, which means we’re always on the lookout for amazing talent to join our team, and we’d love to connect to talk about future opportunities. Although we aren’t actively hiring for this particular position right now, we anticipate that there will be similar opportunities in the future. If you think that we could be a good fit, please get in touch!
- Build and manage the tools and workflows of our compositing pipeline
- Collaborate with company leadership in pipeline planning
- Be on the lookout for weak points and triage issues as they arise
- Regularly implement new features
- Write technical briefs and provide supporting documentation
- Ensure a standardised approach to tool and workflow design
- Support our artists with prompt troubleshooting and communication
- Be proactive, get stuff done, be cool.
- TD experience on feature films, TV, and/or animated features, delivering milestones under tight deadlines
- Nuke development production experience and a comprehensive understanding of Nuke nodes and python APIs, NDK, gizmos, and compositing workflows
- Production experience programming in Python and C++ and with PyQt or PySide
- Familiar with industry standard libraries and tools such as USD, QT, elastic, rez and git
- Experience with colour pipelines using ACES/OCIO
- Understanding of compositing and colour science
- On the same wavelength as artists, you know how they think, and can design tools and workflows with their needs in mind
- Quick to acquire working understandings of new software, and keep up-to-date with industry tools and trends.
- You adapt on the fly, and know how to balance your workload with the needs of artists and production deadlines.
- Enjoy problem solving / troubleshooting / debugging.
- Work well with others, but you’re independent, and do well with minimal supervision
- Communicate in a personable way, both in writing and in person
- Bonus: You have experience with other VFX packages such as Houdini or Maya, and you’re comfortable with ShotGrid
PANC is an artist-led VFX company. We’re committed to supporting our crew with a flexible and robust pipeline, using cutting edge tech (both home grown and industry tested) to wow audiences and smash deliveries.
At PANC we believe that healthy and happy lives ARE possible in VFX. We don’t take people for granted, and are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels respected, supported, and appreciated. We care about the health and wellbeing of our crew, and offer benefits to back that up:
- Three weeks vacation
- One week sick / personal health leave
- Extended healthcare benefits
Our workflow philosophy is simple — prioritize R&D and the pipeline. This will allow the team to work efficiently in a fun and dynamic environment, and the company (and our clients) to save time and money.
We currently work remotely, with the intention to expand to on-site / hybrid workflows.
Come and be a part of building this studio, where your contributions will make a difference — you won’t just be a cog in the machine. If you meet the requirements and are passionate about creating high-quality visual effects we encourage you to apply.
- This is a full-time position with competitive salary and benefits.
- Eligibility to work in BC, Canada is essential.
- Please provide a current resume and cover letter. We want to hear your story.
We are a group of art & technology driven problem solvers, specializing in Digital media, Virtual Productions and Visual Effects. Creating stunning images and immersive adventures using leading edge technology.