The Renderman TD is responsible for creating, implementing, and managing the render pipeline as well as providing support to the Lighting Department. The ideal candidate is experienced and possesses the technical skills to help streamline the workflow.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Works with the Lighting Department to develop and implement rendering solutions
• Ensures that the Lighting Department’s technical requirements are met
• Collaborate with the IT Department in order to setup and optimize performance of the render farm, networks and storage
• Works with the Production Team to establish, streamline and implement render policies
• Create custom tools for departments as needed
Skills & Requirements:
• Proven production experience required
• Excellent technical working knowledge of RenderMan and Maya
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Digital Art, or other related field recommended
• Experience in MEL scripting, Python, Rib-file analysis
• Solid technical problem-solving skills
• Ability to take direction, collaborate and offer solutions
• BC residents preferred but not required
About Nitrogen Studios Canada Inc.
Located in beautiful Vancouver, BC, Nitrogen Studios is an animation company specializing in CGI theatrical feature films, DVD movies, TV series, online content and interactive mobile Apps.